My best friends, Julia and Cindy, convinced me to go out for sushi, (totally against my will).
I've had sushi a couple years ago, and it was so bad I had to (politely) spit it out into a napkin-in front of a table of adults.
Well anyways, they took me to their favorite sushi place. They have been telling me how AMAZING eel, octopus, and squid are. They made the eel sound really good, so I promised I would try some...that is until I actually saw and smelled it.
The smell of the eel was absolutely REPULSIVE, not to mention RAW. Raw. Raw. Raw. That is disgusting. I had to break my promise, and just order some chicken...
The only good thing that came out of this whole trip was a delicious, caramel apple with strawberries and whipped cream.
Remind me to never go to a sushi place again!
4 comments:
Haha Try the California roll! It's the least crazy roll to try. I would eat more sushi if it didn't frighten me so much... you know, the idea of raw is a big no-no in Tracy world. I always make Dan check my meat that I cook to make sure it's cooked all the way. So I don't blame you.
I don't blame you either! But yes the California roll is yummy, or order a chicken roll if they have it there! They have one here in Utah called the Buffalo Roll and it is divine! You would like it :) Next time I'm down, you and me will be brave and go to sushi ok?
I'm with you, Brookie. I can handle the California roll after a quick marinating dip in a soy sauce and wasabi mix but that's about it. Love...Papa
I love your toddler chopsticks! Hahaha! I thought id never try sushi, but I have tried the California rolls, which were really good, but I'd never try anything else! The idea of raw food is not only gross, but scary too! Tell your friends they're gross, haha just kidding!!
Post a Comment